I was baling hay one summer and while I was standing next to the baler after dealing with the typical baler problems I usually have, I happened to see a dust devil coming across the wheat field from about half a mile away.
In about the amount of time it took to write that sentence, the dust devil hit the edge of the field I had just raked, completely scattered the windrows on about 3 acres of hay, and hit me and baler hard enough to rattle all the sheet metal on the baler (it felt like a mini-tornado with winds of about 60-70 mph).
I kinda needed that hay as a cushion to help get through winter, but at least now I've gotta story to tell now about dust-devils.
I wish I'd gotten a better shot of this one. It was really prominent just a few seconds before, but the Iphone isn't the best camera for action (or any other) shots. Really hot day, in the 90s, and we saw another one just shortly thereafter.
I was baling hay one summer and while I was standing next to the baler after dealing with the typical baler problems I usually have, I happened to see a dust devil coming across the wheat field from about half a mile away.
ReplyDeleteIn about the amount of time it took to write that sentence, the dust devil hit the edge of the field I had just raked, completely scattered the windrows on about 3 acres of hay, and hit me and baler hard enough to rattle all the sheet metal on the baler (it felt like a mini-tornado with winds of about 60-70 mph).
I kinda needed that hay as a cushion to help get through winter, but at least now I've gotta story to tell now about dust-devils.
I wish I'd gotten a better shot of this one. It was really prominent just a few seconds before, but the Iphone isn't the best camera for action (or any other) shots. Really hot day, in the 90s, and we saw another one just shortly thereafter.
ReplyDelete